- Community Room Rental Agreement (66.44 KB)
The Rochester Community Room is owned and operated by the Village of Rochester and Rochester Public Library to encourage civic, educational, cultural, and public information meetings that are open to the public. The Community Room’s primary use is for civic, governmental and non-profit purposes. Limited private use is also available. Fees are payable in advance when reserving the Community Room.
The Village of Rochester and Rochester Public Library are not responsible for lost or damaged materials left in the building.
Community Room Booking and Reservations
The Village and Library have first priority, followed by non-profit groups. The Library or Village may bump a confirmed booking in an extreme or emergency situation, in which case a credit or refund will be provided.
Booking is on a first come, first serve basis. A signed agreement and payment of fees constitutes confirmation of a reservation. Reservations are made through Village Hall at #1 Community Drive, or by calling (217) 498-7192.
No group or individual may reassign a reserved time to another party.
Reservations are accepted up to six (6) months in advance.
Use of the facility will be monitored by the Rochester Police Department and subject to video monitoring.
Rules for Community Room Use
- The Community Room is available Monday through Sunday.
- No meetings may start after 8:00 pm or extend beyond 11:00 pm.
- Access to exits must be maintained and only designated public entrances may be used.
- Events may not interfere in any way with the normal conduct of Village and Library business.
- Smoking, alcohol, firearms, pyrotechnics, and hazardous materials are prohibited. Smoking is banned in the building and within 15 feet of an entrance.
- Contents of the kitchen’s refrigerator, disposable goods including coffee, plates, bowls, cups, napkins and items labeled as Restricted Use are not for public use.
- Meeting room facilities shall be left in a clean and orderly condition. Cleaning supplies (found in the closet) including a vacuum cleaner and mop (found in foyer closet) are available for use.
- All equipment and furniture used must be returned to their original locations or to a meeting style arrangement. (See photos of room arrangement posted on the Community Room notice board).
- Trash must be removed and fresh liners inserted into trash receptacles. Trash should be taken to the trash enclosure outside on the east side of the building, adjacent to the Police Station entrance.
- Please turn off all lights.
- All entry doors must be securely locked when finished. The key may be returned in the outside Water Payment Drop Box or to Village Hall, if during business hours.
- Failure to adhere to these rules will result in refusal of future reservations.
- Do not touch or move artwork.
- No taping or mounting material to the walls.
- Failure to clean the Community Room or moving/damaging art work will result in the loss of $250 deposit.